Kevin has 4 horses including 2 Choctaw Tribal strain horses adopted from Return to Freedom.
Tony Stromberg had a successful 20 year career as a high-end advertising photographer in San Francisco. When horses came into his life in the mid-1990’s, he realized that he had found his teachers, and the connection he has developed with horses took his life in a completely different direction.
Tony’s work is an homage to the equine spirit, and to the archetypal role they play in our lives. This is why he always photographs them without riders, saddles, bits, bridles or any other device that would interfere with their pure essence.
After publishing his first 2 books “Spirit Horses” and “The Forgotten Horses”, his third book is entitled “Horse Medicine”, and was released in the fall of 2014.
Dr. Kelly has a Ph.d in Human Development, Master of Arts in organizational and non-profit management, Bachelor of Fine Arts as well as many other accolaides primarily in the arts and social justice.
Education, Advocacy and Conservation
Diana has faciltated various special youth programs at the sanctuary since it’s inception.
Diana teaches acting and is head of production for the Academy of Dramatic Arts, Hollywood California.
On May 4th of this year the DeMayo and Return to Freedom family said goodbye to
Bill DeMayo, who leaves a legacy of joy and brotherhood, love and perseverance. Read More about the Legacy of Bill DeMayo here.
Policy Issues and Advocacy
- Virginie L. Parant, ESQ., Attorney
- Laura Moretti, The Animals Voice
Honorary Board Members
- Wendie Malick – Advocacy
- Diana DeMayo-Brown
- Carolyn Resnick, Dances With Horses
- Angelique Midthunder, Media
- David Midthunder, Native American Cultural Advisor
- Michele Cardela
- Pat Hines
- Signa McCormick – events
- Andrea Eastman
Equine Wellness & Conservation
- Jay Kirkpatrick, Director Science & Conservation Center
- John Fusco, Choctaw & Tribal Strains
- Casey Jones, Equine Dentist, Holistic Dentistry
- Dr. Gus Cothran, Genetics
- John Bechtold
- Natasha Lohmus, Fish & Game, Santa Barbara, CA
- Youth Ambassadors: Aly & AJ Michalka
Wild Horse and Burro Wilderness Preserve Committee
- Charlie Eckberg