Join us Saturday June 11, at the Sanctuary!
A special day for the whole family to enjoy the sanctuary, help out for two hours with some ranch chores, observe the herds and learn a lot! Facilitated by Return to Freedom’s biologist, Celeste Carlisle, Pete Crowheart, RTF staff and volunteers!
The day includes:
- Native American Blessing and drum circle led by Pete Crowheart
- Hay ride tour to south pastures
- Wild horse herd observation
- Learn about the origins of the horse in North America
- Wild Horses and Burros in America
- Learn about the native plants and how they were used by the local Chumash tribe
- Meet Spirit and other Mustang ambassadors
- Yummy and Healthy Refreshments
- Lunch from Wild West Pizza